Congratulations on this wonderful, exciting event! I want to thank you for considering me to help navigate your birth!
Aside from being one of the most caring people you’ll ever meet, here are a few things about me:
I am a mother to 3 wonderful sons.
I began birth work in 2018 as a Doula in DC/Baltimore.
In 2021 I launched (doulakemba.com).
I’m an RN practicing medical/surgical care and hospital heart monitoring.
I’m known to smile a lot and treat everyone like family.
In my spare time, I celebrate my family, the natural environment, and religious activities.
Birth Philosophy –
- My training is detailed around education, empowerment, and safety for the family.
- I work hard to support the midwives with their clinical requirements.
- Completed special training on the specifics of counter pressure for pain relief, breath control for relaxation and mental focus, and the sensual environment (lights, smells, sounds, and support roles) for birth. (Did it for my own birth and I’d love to show you how)
- Since March 2022 working with BirthCare, I’m fine-tuning my skills in assessing the stages of labor, newborn care, moms’ immediate postpartum, and the healing benefits of breastfeeding.
- I’m committed to expanding the reach and availability of community base birthing options.
- Masters in Nursing 2019
- Lamaze Educator (LCCE) currently teaching in homes and hospitals in the area.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) and Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification.
- DONA Doula training and Spinning Babies’ Techniques,
- Breastfeeding Research during my master’s degree program.
- Birth Education with Charm City Midwives, DC Doulas, Lamaze International, Evidence Based Birth, and BirthCare Women’s Health
If I’m the presence that you would like to complete your birth team, I’d love to meet you. I’m based in Bowie, MD with service to all of Maryland, DC, and most of No. Virginia:
Phone: 240-758-4145 / 202-492-7330